niedziela, 2 maja 2010

My projects

As some of you may know, I'm a novice board game designer. I've got several things I worked on at some point, or plan to work on in the future, as well as two major projects which are kind of nearing completion. This is what I'm working on at the moment:

- Mykeria. A card game which is due to be published by the end of this year. It's been finished since 2008, but many small and big problems pushed it to now instead. I'm doing some final tweaks, since I have the time.

- Legend of the Runes. A cooperative game, which is almost done by now. I need to playtest it a bit more, perhaps tweak a thing or two, after which I'm contacting the French company Asmodee and we'll see if they're interested. If not, I'll look for somebody else to do it, perhaps even the company which is releasing Mykeria.

- A two-player tactical card game. Work in progress, I'm trying to pinpoint where I want to go with it. The basic mechanism is in place, but this is somewhat far from completion as of now.

- An expansion for Mykeria. Working on the final polishes gave me a massive amount of new ideas for the game. If it sells, then I'll be very eager to release this.

- Caravans. An idea from 2007 (or maybe even earlier), in development hell because I can't obtain the right info for the game to be as historically accurate as possible. I'm not sure if I'll get back to this, though I would sure like to!

- Planet, Advisors, Tuatha de Danann, Space Station. Projects in various states of completion (Space Station being the most advanced) which simply didn't work out. There's a slight chance I'll get back to them, but as of now I have to leave them be.

- Paolo Pizza. A light card game about pizza that I've done with my girlfriend, but we had different ideas about it, and in the end I decided to back out after some playtesting of "my" version which didn't work very well.

- The Game Noir. Another project I tried to do with Linda, but again, our ideas about it were to different to cope. After one or two playtests we ditched the project.

- The Polish Fragmentation Period 1138-1320. A light strategy game using some mechanisms borrowed from Mykeria and Britannia I would LOVE to create. A quite fresh idea, I haven't even begun to develop it yet, and I don't know when I'll start.

So yeah, I've got my share of ideas, and not enough time or players around to move them forward at a steady pace. We'll see, I've got a whole career in front of me (hopefully), so one day I'll complete all of these projects.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz