czwartek, 2 września 2010

Kristof's Triangle of Gaming - The Comeback

So hey, I've got a new Triangle of Gaming for you!



As you can see, I'm more into RPG's now and Board Games than Video Games, but mostly RPG's. The old hunger grows, and I'm very happy to have found a group of people I may be playing Vampire: The Masquerade with. Which is cool. Also, I recently picked up a Conan Roleplaying Game, unfortunately based on the d20 mechanic. But it seems it not only fits it WAAAAAY better than it did Star Wars, it's also not as limiting and actually pretty thematic! Could this (editing mess, I have to add) be the book that changes my attitude toward that horrible mechanic? We'll have to find out at some point in the future, because I do intend to run at least a single scenario in this setting. Something tells me that a combat-slanted mechanic is going to fit the world of Conan much better than a much more convoluted and complicated combat-slanted mechanic fitted Star Wars...

Anyway, the Board Game tendency you can see on that Triangle of mine is, again, thanks to Conan - but this time, the Age of Conan strategy board game, which I would REALLY love to get, but I'm not very sure about buying it myself. I hope I get it for the BoardGameGeek Secret Santa coming around December, but it is pretty expensive, so I don't want somebody to pay a lot of cash for my sake, because that's kind of selfish. But I can dream... or if I make some money and have a bit to spare, I can buy it for my birthday next year!

Incidentally, Conan is on the menu heavily recently. I'm very tempted to try out Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, the MMO game. But, two reasons - 1) I don't have the computer to run it 2) you have to pay subscription, which is something which I just don't do, on principle. In the future, I may break and give it a go. Now - not a chance.

In other news, I'm working my way through UDK with some success, while looking for a job, with no successes or progress at all for three weeks now. But that was to be expected, I guess. I'm also reading Mists of Avalon, and watching Futurama and Band of Brothers if that's of interest to you guys.

As a farewell note, I strongly suggest you check out this show:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits
It's called Extra Credits, and the guy there talks a lot about Video Game design, philosophy, the industry, market and everything in between. It's a great, very thought-provoking show and I think every gamer should watch it, and take notes more often than not.

And with that I leave you until my next update. Again, no idea when that's going to be. Sorry.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz