poniedziałek, 20 grudnia 2010

Gaming Diary - Day 11 (19.12.10)

Yesterday was King Arthur day - I played several hours of the game, and I have to say, it became really impressive! Some minor stuff notwithstanding, this is a great game, though it's very different to the Total War series. If you remember my text about Mafia, it's a similar case, although King Arthur is actually a good game. King Arthur is similar to Total War in how armies move around on the map, and mostly how battles work. But the campaign is much less 'freeform' in a sense, than in Total War games. The presence of quests makes the game more rigid, for example, a second quest now allows me to take rule over an independent kingdom after completing it, instead of military conquest! So yes, the name 'Role-playing wargame' is really accurate here, because that role-playing bit is not only visible in character advancement and quests, but also in other mechanisms.

Also yesterday I played a few matches of Left 4 Dead 2 Survival (you see how long you can last during a scenario's finale). It's pretty hardcore, we played five or six times and didn't even manage to get a bronze medal!

I'm planning to play some more King Arthur today, and maybe some GTA 3. I'm not home all day though, so I'm not sure how that's going to go.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz