czwartek, 23 grudnia 2010

Gaming Diary - Day 15 (23.12.10)

First, a quick comment about yesterday's gaming.
Chaos in the Old World was, as always, very fun, despite the fact that I didn't know what I was doing as Tzeentch and, sure enough, wouldn't even qualify for a winner, no to mention actually winning.
Age of Conan was a big disappointment on the other hand. Going through the rules and playing the game took us more than four hours. The rulebook is a frigging mess. The rules are EVERYWHERE, stuff you'd expect to find in one place is needlessly spread out in completely different places. The game is quite complex, which means this first game would be shit anyway (just because nobody would know what they were doing), but it didn't have to be shit and LONG, and it would be considerably shorter if we didn't spend time looking for specific rules in the messy rulebook. So, despite its beauty, it leaves a very bad first impression. I'm hoping I'll get my friend to play it again now that we know what the hell we're doing and hopefully it's going to be better. If not, I'm going to be very sad - I've been hyped about the game since it got published, and got it as my Secret Santa gift...

Also, yesterday I played some GTA 3, and the same today. The game still doesn't fail to make me furious when I fail to meet a time limit by one or two seconds, or when my car gets trashed and I die, unable to get out because it's spiralling or sliding on the ground. Some missions are ridiculously specific, others are quite easy but very likely to go bad very fast. I'm hoping Vice City fixed the flaws of this game, because if not, I'll have a hard time enjoying myself with the setting. I just can't overlook this stuff that easily.

Anyway, I'm off to play some King Arthur, and maybe something else, but I'm not sure. I'm going through a movie period now, I've got a lot of movies to watch, so I may end up doing just that in the evening.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz