czwartek, 16 grudnia 2010

Gaming Diary - Day 8 (16.12.10)

Not much gaming today either... I think I was able to satiate my initial urge and now I don't really feel like playing that much.

Anyway, I played some more GTA 3 today. Finished a few missions, got to one that I can't possibly finish (called Grand Theft Auto)... here's a gripe. What I hate about this one mission is that it has an absolutely artificial time limit. The objective is to bring three cars to a garage, all have to be in mint condition, meaning that even the lightest bump or scratch equals a trip to a garage for repairs. So you, obviously, want to take your time, especially in a game like GTA, where you can be hit by anything at any given point and the steering of most cars is simply horrible. WHY THE HELL IS THERE A TIME LIMIT? You get six minutes, which gives you two minutes a car, and after turning it in you obviously have to grab some other one to get to the next point on the map. I'm doing all missions but this one, I don't care that there are two or three more which get unlocked only after completing this. Unless I absolutely HAVE to do it, I just can't be bothered. It's a stupid, unfair mission made way too challenging for what it's worth.

I also tried beating Joker again in Arkham Asylum. Can't be done, not on normal. The camera doesn't work properly so chaining hits is incredibly hard, there are too many enemies, some of which you can't hit unless you do a specific thing, and there are three frigging rounds of that crap. I started playing on Easy just to play through the entire game and finish it... but I'm not sure if I can be bothered. I know how the game ends, I finished it last year. I'll think about it, but there's a big chance Arkham Asylum is going to get uninstalled soon.

In related news, I haven't managed to try out Lord of the Rings Online... because of disk space issues. The installation files weigh around 10gb. The installation itself is 15gb. I just don't have that much room on my hard drive. Plus, I wouldn't be able to play it after leaving for England, so that would become a new source of frustration for me if I liked the game... and, well, let me just say I've got enough frustration and irritation for several people already.

I'm planning on playing some Left 4 Dead 2 now, and read a book later. I watched a movie today, 'Twelve Monkeys' directed by Terry Gilliam, and starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Great movie, you should watch it.

Since today marks a week since I arrived here, let's just sum up the last seven days.
- Mafia uninstalled
- Red Alert 3 uninstalled
- Timeshift completed and uninstalled
- Batman: Arkham Asylum... reached the boss fight, can't possibly progress
- Company of Heroes: played through two missions
- Soulstorm: played a single skirmish game
- Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2: played a few games, some of which unfinished
- Grand Theft Auto 3: playing through
- C&C3: Kane's Wrath... played a single skirmish game
- Alien Swarm: tried it out
- King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame... playing, slowly progressing, having fun
- HOMM5: Tribes of the East... played a few turns of a game

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz